We're working with a growing SaaS company in Houston, that's in search of a Sr Database engineer who will support a team of full-stack developers and business users.
This role is remote and will convert to a hybrid arrangement in the coming months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design normalized database tables with proper indexing and constraints
- Develop and maintain Stored Procedures, Functions and Views
- Perform SQL query tuning and performance optimization on complex inefficient queries
- Perform backup, restore, access control on databases
- Perform database maintenance – rebuild/re-org Indexes, update statistics regularly
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of database security best practices
- Ability to monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve database issues
- Translate business requirements into report designs by collaborating with management
- Create Dashboard Reports for executive and management
- Design and implement data analytics solution using Power BI or similar platform
- Perform Data migration in case of mergers and acquisitions
- Participate with the rest of the development team to design database solutions. Perform peer code review.
- Participate in Sprint backlog grooming with the team to clarify and size stories
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team by providing scripts needed for testing
- Manage Database version control and SQL Server projects
- Maintain technical and database documentation
- Proactively keep abreast of industry developments, database, and analytics related technologies
- Able to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities
- Assist support analysts with issues they are unable to resolve
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting customer needs in a courteous and timely manner
- Provide after-hours support as needed and other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
· 5+ years of work-related experience as Database Developer, Reports Developer and Database Administration.
· Experience in developing, maintaining, and supporting databases in Microsoft SQL Server, preferably Azure SQL Server.
· Experience with Reporting and Analytics, preferably in Power BI or Tableau
· Demonstrated ability to perform above listed essential job functions.
· Experience in working with SaaS Product Platform and Regulated environment preferred but not necessary.
· Knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning is preferred.
Kofi Group places software engineers and machine learning engineers on a direct-hire basis with VC-backed startups in San Francisco/Silicon Valley, New York, and Austin. Startups we have recruited for are backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Wing Venture Capital, Index Ventures, Redpoint, Amplify Partners, Foundation Capital, GV, and several other top venture capital firms.