We're working with an innovative start-up that is bringing historic sporting events to the consumer in real-time. With already having partnerships with professional leagues like the PGA and NHL, their mission is to make sure no one misses a historic moment in sports.
We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist, who will help with the development and improvement of their proprietary algorithms powering the mobile application. This is a critical role on their existing data science team to build a scalable and accurate solution to serve customers personalized notifications regarding upcoming, interesting live sports look-ins.
You will be personally responsible for the personalized recommendation system. This system will be used to enhance their notification system by utilizing explicit and implicit user preferences to notify fans of notable moments across a variety of sports and leagues.
– 5+ years working with traditional data modeling and comfortable with leveraging multiple data sources
– Strong experience with Python and SQL
– Experience building and evaluating both supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
– Experience working within a cloud environment like AWS
– Experience with statistics and or data modeling tools and analysis
– Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
– Working knowledge of source control systems, including Git
– Experience building a recommendation engine or implementing a collaborative filtering system
– Experience using cloud-based services and big data technologies to support data processing pipelines such as AWS Redshift, EMR, Sagemaker, and Spark.
– Previous experience working in an agile environment with 2-week sprints
– Experience in working with clients or external partners to achieve mutually desired results
– Experience with sports media applications and or design
– Ability to self-motivate and manage up to report on progress and blockers
– Empathetic, values-driven individual who is eager to contribute to a broader team culture
– Master’s Degree in Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Computational Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning or related technical fields.
Kofi Group places software engineers and machine learning engineers on a direct-hire basis with VC-backed startups in San Francisco/Silicon Valley, New York, and Austin. Startups we have recruited for are backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Wing Venture Capital, Index Ventures, Redpoint, Amplify Partners, Foundation Capital, GV, and several other top venture capital firms.