Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
A rapidly growing startup where you will have the rare opportunity to build and develop software that mimics human behavior without the help of engineers, while also growing and developing your own skills and passions as the company expands. Join us on an exciting journey as we bring the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to the future of robotics.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will:
- Shape the vision and architecture of the system infrastructure that powers the next-generation of intelligent machines.
- Implement mission-critical software in a reliable and sustainable manner.
- Craft tools, processes and frameworks to redefine the software development in the rise of autonomous systems powered by artificial intelligence.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor a team of diverse roles, which include software engineers, roboticists and AI researchers.
We look for a track record of the following:
- 3+ years of software infrastructure experience
- Solid background in multiple programming languages, e.g. Python or C/C++ and willingness to pick up any new programming languages or frameworks.
- Experience, designing, implementing, and running production services
- Having built enough systems to recognize what are the pragmatic designs (not the most fancy ones)
- Fearless about jumping around the stack (from improving driver to writing CUDA kernel to putting together React webapp) and working on aspects that have significant impact on product
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have worked at a startup before. Enjoy the fast-paced environment.
- Know how to scale yourself as the company grows, via mentorship, delegation, increased role and responsibilities.
- Are self-directed and enjoy figuring out what is the most important problem to work on.
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done.
- Are detail oriented, and like to get the system working but know when to cut corners versus get it exactly right.
- Have a strong interest in AI & robotics
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
Unlimited time off
Flexible work hours
Lunch and dinner each day
401(k) plan and match
Kofi Group places software engineers and machine learning engineers on a direct-hire basis with VC-backed startups in San Francisco/Silicon Valley, New York, and Austin.