Job Title: Principal Engineer – Platform Engineering (Go, K8s, and exp breaking monolith to microservices
Kofi Group has partnered with a well known series C startup in New York looking to hire a Principal Engineer to their engineering org. They are currently in the process of breaking down a monolithic service into microservices architecture and this engineer will lead and contribute to this process.
Tech Stack: C#, Golang React, Ruby, Kubernetes, Docker, Istio, Spinnaker, Kafka
Some of the things you'll help with:
- Migrate from a monolith to a microservice architecture
- Defining domain boundaries and implementing robust APIs
- Optimizing our platform, including test coverage, performance, observability, and alerting,
- 10+ years of SWE, with a heavy amount of distributed systems experience
- Senior leadership experience at a company with a strong engineering culture.
- Extensive exp. with SOA's, design patterns, web-services, and web application development.
- Experience with K8's (able to own a cluster from start to finish) is highly desirable.
Kofi Group places software engineers and machine learning engineers on a direct-hire basis with VC-backed startups in San Francisco/Silicon Valley, New York, and Austin.