We're partnering up with a cutting edge AV company, who is building cutting edge perception technology for next generation Autonomous Vehicles. With already a large customer base, they're looking to expand their engineering team. In particular, they're looking for a Lead Platform Engineer to join their Data Infrastructure team.
Here's what they're looking for:
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years commercial software development using Python
- Solid software design skills with experience writing well-tested and scalable code
- Experience working with the following:
– Relational databases (we use PostgreSQL)
– Containerization (e.g. Docker)
– Workload orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Airflow, Nextflow)
– Both on-prem and cloud-based data storage and processing
- Proven familiarity with best practices surrounding data security
- Proven track record planning and delivering on development milestones aligned with business goals
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing software engineers — while not strictly required — would be helpful
- Experience working at a startup is a plus as the decisions and tradeoffs at startup (even a growing one) tend to be very different than those at a larger company
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (including EC2, S3, and RDS) is ideal since we rely heavily on these services.
- Experience developing data pipeline for a machine learning in a commercial setting
Kofi Group places software engineers and machine learning engineers on a direct-hire basis with VC-backed startups in San Francisco/Silicon Valley, New York, and Austin. Startups we have recruited for are backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Wing Venture Capital, Index Ventures, Redpoint, Amplify Partners, Foundation Capital, GV, and several other top venture capital firms.